Monday, February 8, 2010

Forgiveness

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. ( Matthew 6:12, 14-15)

Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. (Luke 17:3)


I've been thinking alot lately about my being able to forgive as a Christian.These passages are giving me conflicting feelings on forgiveness. One is saying my forgiveness should be conditional and the other says I must forgive to be forgiven.

There are some things I would like to forgive people for but I'm having a hard time finding the strength to. I've been struggling with this for years and I'm hoping God will help me find some clarity on this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment