Saturday, September 11, 2010

Loneliness

Being a stay at home mother can get rather lonely. I often find that I'm talking to myself through out most of the day. I keep the kids occupied with games, playing outside,practicing letters and numbers, coloring and teaching them to bake. But their attention spands are only so long. After about 10 minutes they are up and running around and I'm happy to run around with them. Lately, Carter has been telling me to get out of his room or that he wants to play with just Gavin. So I sit alone trying to distract myself with techonology. The computer, video games, television....I can spend countless hours just doing nothing. It amazes me how exhausted I feel at the end of the day, but how much did I really accomplish? Sure I did some cleaning, and I feed the kids and keep them safe and happy. Is that all that I can be doing? I'm longing for a project or some kind of mid week activity that can occupy my time until the weekend comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment