Sunday, November 28, 2010

I will remember you...






I have experienced loss multiple times during my 23years here. No loss so far has hit me this hard. My great grandmother passed away this past weekend. She was an amazingly strong and stoic woman. She had been a great role model for me in many aspects, but mostly she showed me unconditional love which I will always be greatful for. I know how lucky I am that my children have been able to meet their great-great grandmother. I will always keep her memory alive by telling my children all the great things about her.


As a kid I use to sit in Church with my Great grandma and my grandma moore and listen to the Pastor ramble on for what seemed like hours. There was nothing to do, and I had no idea at the time what the Pastor was talking about,so I would sit and rub the wrinkles on her hands. Always trying to smooth out the age on her soft fair skin. She sang in the Church choir which helped me with my love for God and music. Now as I think back on my time with her I am comforted by these Bible passages she had marked in her own Bible.


The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 48:14


He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and it's evils are gone forever. Revelation 21:4

1 comment:

  1. I remember sitting in church with my mother, (grandma Moore), grandma Flanagan, and my Nana. Grandma and Nana would keep me busy during the service when they werent dozing. lol

    ReplyDelete