On Saturday August 6th,2011 at 10:30 am local time in locations across the United States, nursing mothers got together to celebrate World Breast Feeding Week and to try and break the world record for the most women breastfeeding simultaneously! A provisional total of 4,123 women and their children came together at 294 locations and nursed their babies! I am glad I got to be a part of it. My friend and I went together and
we kind of got a late start on the hour drive. But we made it there with five minutes to spare! We latched our little loves at 10:30 along with 36 other women! Here are some pictures from it and then just some more nursing pics.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
All three of my boys have been breastfed, My first son I pumped and breastfed for the first 3 months of his life, then we switched to a soy based formula. My second son breastfeed and was pumped for until he was 6months then we introduced formula. He continued to get breast millk past a year. Our newest little boy is 2months and I am hoping to nurse him until he's two or self weans.Here are some of my reasons for breastfeeding...
- There is a special bond that comes from nursing that I don't think is the same when I've bottle fed.
- Breast milk is designed for our babies.
- I don't have to worry about mixing a bottle wrong.
- I can travel with the baby and never run out of milk.
- Nursing burns around 500 calories!
- Breast milk is free
- I get more sleep because I don't have to get up and make a bottle
- I don't have to worry about picking or changing brands
- The poop doesn't smell nearly as bad!
Monday, August 1, 2011
In honor of World Breastfeeding Week I'm posting my favorite breastfeeding pictures, quotes,tips and info all week long! Enjoy! ( fyi I support both breastfeeding and formula feeding!) If you want your pics added leave me a comment or email me.
"Breastfeeding: the original way to eat local"
"If you've never cried over spilled milk you've clearly never spilled breastmilk"
" I didn't plan to breastfeed buy my baby did"
"I make milk what's your super power"
"Early to breast, early to thrive"
"Simply the best"