All three of my boys have been breastfed, My first son I pumped and breastfed for the first 3 months of his life, then we switched to a soy based formula. My second son breastfeed and was pumped for until he was 6months then we introduced formula. He continued to get breast millk past a year. Our newest little boy is 2months and I am hoping to nurse him until he's two or self weans.Here are some of my reasons for breastfeeding...
- There is a special bond that comes from nursing that I don't think is the same when I've bottle fed.
- Breast milk is designed for our babies.
- I don't have to worry about mixing a bottle wrong.
- I can travel with the baby and never run out of milk.
- Nursing burns around 500 calories!
- Breast milk is free
- I get more sleep because I don't have to get up and make a bottle
- I don't have to worry about picking or changing brands
- The poop doesn't smell nearly as bad!