Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WBW: My reasons for breastfeeding

All three of my boys have been breastfed, My first son I pumped and breastfed for the first 3 months of his life, then we switched to a soy based formula. My second son breastfeed and was pumped for until he was 6months then we introduced formula. He continued to get breast millk past a year. Our newest little boy is 2months and I am hoping to nurse him until he's two or self weans.Here are some of my reasons for breastfeeding...
  • There is a special bond that comes from nursing that I don't think is the same when I've bottle fed.
  • Breast milk is designed for our babies.
  • I don't have to worry about mixing a bottle wrong.
  • I can travel with the baby and never run out of milk.
  • Nursing burns around 500 calories!
  • Breast milk is free
  • I get more sleep because I don't have to get up and make a bottle
  • I don't have to worry about picking or changing brands
  • The poop doesn't smell nearly as bad!





2 comments:

  1. I don't know about the smell part. Wyatt let out a fart so bad it made my husband gag. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha really? That's great, Troy has loud gas but no smell here.

    ReplyDelete